Re: [LUG] Its hard for me to be unprejudiced when it comes to Microsoft products

On 16/03/12 13:17, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

On Mar 16, 2012 9:56 AM, "tom" <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

 > So I was looking forward to playing with my brothers Nokia Lumia
after it was recharged so I could be scathingly critical from experience.
 > Alas it wouldn’t turn on in the morning.
 > Tom te tom te tom

Playing Devil's advocate for a moment: is that the fault of the
Microsoft software or the Nokia hardware?

Grant

From personal experience I've found Nokia hardware recently to be a bit crap. We have some Nokia phones where I work (Symbian S60) and they have regularly failed for some reason or other and my Nokia E63 was buggy too. Saying that though, I've just bought my daughter a Nokia C3-00 and it's actually not too bad, well for her anyway (she's 10 so just wants to use it for calls to me or the childminder and texting her friends).

I did have a look at the weekend at a Nokia Lumia 710, it wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be, seemed reasonably responsive, but alas a bit too pricey. I'd have considered getting my eldest one rather than a Blackberry if they were under £100 on Pay As You Go.

Rob