Re: [LUG] LibreOffice html problem

On 05/03/12 18:34, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Rob Beard wrote:

On 05/03/12 17:45, tom wrote:
I was experimenting with LibreOffice Word processor in html mode. It
seems to have the facility to create a file as you link to it but on the
two machines I've tried this on it gets very twisted and slow but does
sort of work in the end.
Has anyone tried this?
If you can get this working smoothly its a fantastic way of doing docs
and thinking ideas thru.
Tom te tom te tom

Nope, I don't think I've ever used LibreOffice to create HTML.  I wonder if it's possible to do in PDF format?

Heh.. You're just winding Tom up now :)

I write stuff in LaTex and use latex2html to get the book/manual/etc output in HTML format...

Gordon

This is actually a different approach I'm looking at ( you used to be able to do it with frontpage!)
When you develop an idea you can start with an outline list of themes, select a theme and create the associated page and link at the same time so you've immediately got some of the navigation going. You can then add more links/pages  and follow your ideas around the developing documentation. Its a pretty good way of working on things and at the end the walk through is the documentation and with a bit of _javascript_ can be the product.
Tom te tom te tom