Re: [LUG] Webcam choice

On 26/02/12 13:49, Neil Winchurst wrote:
After my earlier posting I have been Googling around for info about
webcams. Nothing fancy, just want to use it to talk to and see our
relations in California and Perth (Australia).

Trouble is there are so many webcams around, so I am asking for some
recommendations and/or warnings. If any members have some experience of
using a webcam on Linux I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Neil

You'll probably find most work fine. Personally on my desktop I use an old Sony PlayStation Eye camera (PS2 camera) which can usually be found cheap at car boot sales or in games shops (I picked two up earlier with a PlayStation 2 console for £7 at a car boot sale).

Rob