Re: [LUG] mailman

On Sat, 25 Feb 2012, paul sutton wrote:

Can mailman list server software be set up so admins can control who
subscribes,  as in if I set a discussion list up for this computer group
I am setting, I can add peoples e-mail address and they HAVE to apply
for membership (as in see a youth worker and submit a valid e-mail)

I think if they agree to a discussion list it would have to be done this
way for safeguarding purposes (this is youth service that will demand
this not me)

I run mailing lists for young people. This is the first I've heard of the youth service insisting on that - however they are closed lists in that the people who can subscribe are well-known to the people I'm running them for.

...then again, what's left of the youth service probably doesn't have much of a clue...

But I think mailman can do what you need.

Gordon