[LUG] NAT busting with ipv6?

Hi guys,

I'm revisiting ipv6 as a solution for a problem I have.

I need to be able to reach >200 deployments of Webconverger on the
streets of London, which can be connected via 3G or BT ADSL.

I was led down the openvpn route
http://serverfault.com/questions/356956/how-to-create-an-ssh-botnet
initially.
However openvpn seems problematic WRT to key chains and how to setup
IPs. Also doesn't help that I've never liked VPNs from all the
contracts in big companies I've done.

Then I remembered the ipv6 discussion we had. Since I control the
operating system, would it be sane to deploy miredo on each of these
deployments?

Then have some sort of "ping" to inform me what ipv6 they have, so I
can later go in and interrogate them if I need to?

Kind regards,