Re: [LUG] Computer on time

On Feb 06, 2012, Jack Oley wrote:

> I don't believe that there's any good reason for leaving equipment -
  including routers - on when not being used.  Where's the evidence to
  the contrary?

An anecdote. I have a pair of Homeplug ethernet bridges that are on all the
time. I was away over Christmas so I switched everythig off. When I came back
I couldn't boot the PC because the bridge was broken. Not evidence of course,
just a bit odd.

Tony