[LUG] Email Filtering Backups

I have an email server that backs up clients email (to a local server) by simply cc'ing to an account. Primitive I know but I have to take shortcuts at work etc. Anyway, we have a GUI (gnome) installed for some software that requires it.

As expected the likes of Evolution and Thunderbird struggle with 5 million + email, especially when it comes to making filters to get the correct email. I was wondering if anyone has a quick way to retrieve all email from a specific account that is reasonably efficient. I know there are "CLI" clients but my purpose isn't to read its to solely export from individual email accounts from Maildir.

Cheers