Re: [LUG] Flash Control in FF plugin container

On 29/01/12 18:53, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2012, tom wrote:

Does anyone know of a way of controlling the plugin container in FF?
My daughters play these flash games on the web and even when paused they gobble 40-50% of the cpu in the plugin-container. If I stop the game they loose all earned points etc and have to start again so I'd like to be able to 'freeze' the process so the computer can be used usefully in a shared environment.
And ideas?

You could run firefox in an LXC container - which you can freeze/thaw. You'd need to arrange routing/bridging and allow the main system to display X graphics from a process on another PC though.

Or you just buy them their own PC so they don't bother you with yours...

Gordon

Both are a bit extreme
Now Peters mentioned it I think a couple of shells to nice it into slumber if I can work out how to attach the same to the screen saver and user switching...
Tom te tom te tom