Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

I got a scam call too this morning. At least I'm pretty sure it was.
The guy told me he was calling about my computer and asked me how my
day was in a mechanical way, as if he was reading it from a script.
Then he repeated the question. Then he hang up. Perhaps he was looking
for people who weren't having a good day. More likely he confused
himself.

I'm actually doing some research into these kind of scams, the results
of which I'll present at a small conference in March. So please do
keep posting about them, the more I learn about what's going on, the
better. Even better -- not just for my research -- is if you know the
name of websites/services they use.

Martijn.