Re: [LUG] WebOS to be open sourced

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:51:37 +0000
Rob Beard wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Just noticed this on Twitter...
>
> http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2012/120125a.html
>
> HP are going to open source WebOS (the mobile OS they bought when
> they purchased Palm).  I presume this means that those folks who
> bought HP TouchPads may eventually get some sort of support other
> than hacking them to run Ubuntu or Android.
>
> Rob

Yes, but not from HP.

It's a shame HP decided to (pretty much) ditch WebOS - I had a Palm Pre
(first series) and it was a decent OS that was let down by poor
hardware. The HP Pre III looked like it was going to be a decently
specced smartphone, and having played with the TouchPad it was a very
system.

Grant.