[LUG] Dolphin 'Breadcrumb' mode

I have never liked Dolphin file manager, though sometimes I am forced to
use it to encrypt a file. My usual file manager, Thunar, does not
include that as far as I know.

So I am trying to get to like Dolphin better, and have done some
customising to it. One thing I can't work out, when I start Thunar it is
always  in 'breadcrumb' mode. So as I move through the various folders
and sub-folders, a new tab appears for each one, and I can navigate back
several steps if I wish.

This can be switched on in Dolphin too, I have found, but I just cannot
find a way to get it to start in that mode. Every time I open it up I
have to click on the icon at the end of the location bar to switch to
it. Just a silly annoyance, but is there a way to make it start in this
mode automatically?

Thanks for any help,

Neil