Re: [LUG] how do install debian 6

On 19/01/12 21:12, Rob Beard wrote:

> That's good to know, will make life easier for me too, I haven't got a
> USB CD/DVD drive and I don't have a spare SD card :-P
>
> Rob

There's little I hate as much in life as a computer that can't be
attached via serial/kvm/LOM and netbooted... VAX and even PDPs before
them have been doing it fine for what, nearly 50 years once they got rid
of paper tapes? If I can't point the firmware, BIOS, UEFI, openboot, ARC
console, PROM or whatever at a RARPD/TFTPD/BOOTP server and run it
without local disks then I don't want to know. It's a pity that PXE
sucks so hard but gPXE luckily fixes most of its shortcomings.

Regards,

Mat