Re: [LUG] ADSL testing

On 07/01/12 09:53, tom wrote:
> I've been running slow for a while and so ran some tests and got
> download speeds of 0.49 meg despite the modem saying 2M.
> Tried running the BT line checker several times and couldn’t get passed
> the 'checking user details'
> Tried again this morning and the test finally ran and line speed went up
> to 1.7M.
> Ho Hum
> Tom te tom te tom

Interesting. Now that the Holsworthy exchange has been set up for ADSL2+
I have moved over to that. Being nearer to the exchange than you are
Tom, about 730 metres, I get good speeds most of the time.

It all often gets slower from about 4 pm but still not bad. I have just
run a test and I am getting 10.93 Mbps at the moment. Are you still on
the old plain ADSL?

Neil