Re: [LUG] OT: Phone Unlocking

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012, tom wrote:

Been given a Sony Ericsson E v630i vodaphone jobie I'd like to unlock.
Any clues on how to do this for free anyone?

I thought UK providers were obliged to unlock phones once out of contract these days? So as Neil suggests, as Voda..

Try this:

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1000&PARTITION_ID=1&CMD=BROWSE_TOPIC&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=us&TOPIC_ID=1135&TOPIC_NAME=Network0Unlock0Codes&PARENT_TOPIC_ID=1131&LEVEL_ID=1132&SOURCE_FORM=TOPIC_TREE&DISPLAY=SUBTOPICARTICLES

or

http://url.drogon.net/0q

IT does suggest that contract (pay monthly) phones are not locked, but all PAYG ones are... However if they're older than a year, it's free, but you might need to get a (free) Voda PAYG SIM just to (re) register it with them to unlock it.

Tedious, but it looks like it's possible for free...

Gordon