Re: [LUG] ADSL2+ and download speed

 On 01/01/2012 17:54, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 01/01/12 13:31, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I still maintain that I'd rather have a lower speed with a lower
contention with well defined caps and more reliability than overall fast
speed and "wooly" acceptable use policys. This push to get fibre to the
home, etc. is just silly IMO. I'm willing to pay a bit more for a higher
quality of service though, but I know cost is a factor for some and the
gullible who believe all the TV advertising done by the big players who
can afford that sort of advertising deserve what they get...

Gordon

I certainly agree with that. I wouldn't go near any of the big players,
and I plan to stay well away from the LLU boys.

I think I will leave everything as it is for the time being anyway.
Thanks for all the advice,

Neil

Have you checked your modem out? A friend of mine (on cable admittedly) had similar speed issues.. turned out to be a faulty modem.. replaced and all OK now :)

Julian