[LUG] XFCE

Have just moved my wife's machine from Ubuntu 10.04 to Debian Testing

Tried the default gnome, hated it (although I have left it on the computer,
in case she likes it). But I am not sure whether I had just the desktop
manager or whether I had the window manager.

Anyway tried just XFCE, and that seems sufficiently similar to Ubuntu 10.04
that it will hopefully work. But any pointers greatfully received to the
following:

1)  XFCE by default only updates for security updates. Security updates for
    Debian Testing "cannot be expected to be of the same quality as for
    Debian's stable" http://testing-security.debian.net/

    When I tried to activate XFCE to update automatically, it did not (I am
    not quite sure why)

    Before I revert to cron-apt, has anyone run into this problem before?

2)  Currently the default window manager / Desktop manager on start up is
    Gnome. What file do I need to change to make the default XFCE?

3)  Tried to install a HP laserjet P1102w. Bearing in mind all the
    discussions on printers over the last few weeks, all I can say is
    Brother just worked. HP still doesn't. Hopefully will get that working
    this weekend.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately