[LUG] Skype and web cams

HI all and Happy Xmas/NewYear

I have not been a Skype user for about 4 years because of hardware
problems with my web cam (Creative Labs) and pulse audio. But as family
and friends are now far away,  are asking to Skype and refuse to install
Linux or linux Compat. SIP I looked in to getting the Web cam working in
Skype
I found this http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/219
and did what it suggested setting an env to point to video4linux and it
works fine!
I can put up with skype messing with the Sound as Pulse and Fedora and
my sound card ( Creative Labs 5.1) are Flakey at best, as I have to set
the input source to record from either mic. or line in then remember if
it worked as 5.1, 4.1 or Stereo Anolgue  or Duplex or digital or
whatever... this seems to change with every kernel update.
Still Skype works...... for now.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)