Re: [LUG] An iPod for the Linux generation...

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gordon Henderson
Sent: 21 December 2011 12:33
To: Devon/Cornwall GNU LUG
Subject: [LUG] An iPod for the Linux generation...

So wifeys iPod is a bit old now and the battery life is diminishing...

Anyone have an idea for a Linux compatable device? She currently uses
Banshee to get podcasts into her iPod and most of her music is her own CDs
that she's ripped - she did buy a small number of tracks from iTunes
though...

Not being a music lover, I've really no idea what's good - So what's the
current best thing?

Ta,

Gordon

I'm using an android phone from Orange, the San Francisco.
Before you scoff, you can pick these up new for £80 or under, not sure what
a 16gb + mp3/ipod would cost, it can run android 2.2 Froyo or Cyangogen mod.
And with a 16gb card from Play for 16 quid I store oodles of music on it.
Works great with Banshee over mini usb and of course does a lot of other
things too.
TBH, my primary use is as a music/video player with occasional calls.
I should point out that rooting and installing a custom rom means you can
also use it on any network.

Ray