Re: [LUG] 80GB IDE drives, anyone?

On 17/12/11 18:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I have a stack (well, 9) old Maxtor "DiamondMax Plus 9" 80GB IDE drives.

They all work, but some have reallocated sectors. Most were in servers
in a datacentre for a number of years. They've been lying about here
gathering dust...

So rather than take an axe to them (which I've just done for a dozen or
so older drives with capacities like 4GB), I thought I'd wipe them and
offer them out.

Free to anyone who wants to collect.

I even have a highpoint Rocket 133 IDE card (PCI) which has 2 IDE ports
on it to talk to 4 drives which I'll include in the bundle (with cables).

Free to anyone who can collect from Buckfastleigh...

Gordon

Don't blunt your axe just yet, I can use some but might not have time to collect till new year (unless they're already gone by then) My old tin boxes here in Exmouth are all ide and short on disk space

David