Re: [LUG] Fw: Using a [linux] smartphone? You're pwned

On 16/12/11 08:17, Brad Rogers wrote:

It's left-pond centric, but may be of interest to some (many?) here.

Thanks for posting the links.

We all heard before, vague ramblings of "paranoid conspiracy theorists" who cannot back up what they say. Difference here is, there is real evidence of what is going on and it looks quite nasty.

This goes way beyond technical support service or even a legitimate crime detection tool. Private companies are involved here. Who knows where else that data will be diverted to. The man who discovered this and said so was threatened, by a private company.

I don't understand the expression "left-pond centric", is this a geographical term or a political ideology?