Re: [LUG] Local business win prize and are looking for PHP developer(s)

On 11 December 2011 02:47, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fantasy Shopper, came to my attention as they were complaining about
> local IT recruitment....
>
> http://gigaom.com/2011/11/11/fantasy-shopper-scores-100000-amazon-prize/

Let me guess (without reading the article).. they're finding they cant
get senior web devs with 5 or more years PHP in a remote mostly-rural
region with poor transport links and for a salary less than you'd get
serving coffee in starbucks in london?

I've little sympathy - we've built headforwards from 3 developers in
April (0 in march) to 10 developers when our last new join (as in
we've filled all our vacancies, without dropping our requirements) in
january. Recruiting decent talent is tricky but if you offer enough
salary, and make a point of selling the location (in our case Pool in
Cornwall) then you can still do it.

Cheers,

A.

--