Re: [LUG] grub error 25

On 07/12/11 14:41, Tony Sumner wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 22:45 +0000, bad apple wrote:
>
>> There are many, many ways to proceed from here: start by reading this
>> handy guide.
>>
>> http://tinyapps.org/docs/mount_partitions_from_disk_images.html
>> etc ...
> Thanks for your help. I look forward to exploring these new pathways.
> I'll  report later but there are conflicting priorities at this time of
> year -- and guess what my mobile phone has also broken and I am trying
> to recover the contact list. I hope to see you in Paignton on Saturday.
>
> Tony

You really are an unlucky fellow having your PC and phone die on you at
the same time... What type/model of phone is it? Funnily enough, I've
done a lot of recovery work on those as well so might be able to point
you in the right direction. Smart phones are easier to deal with than
crappy old 'dumb' phones when things go wrong, particularly
android/apple models, so if it's an eight year old nokia (like mine) you
might not have much luck.

Cheers,

Mat