Re: [LUG] Toshiba c660

On 03/12/11 20:35, L Smith wrote:
> Just installed mint 11 on a Toshiba c660 laptop, having a few problems
> with picasa ect,

Always specify what a problem is, and what other things are wrong,
rather than saying they exist.

We have no idea what the problem might be, so can't advise on solving it.

> I am not sure how to find some suitable video drivers
> and then install them.

Start with the software packaging tool you have. Since Mint12 is current
it might have later drivers if that is what you need.

The graphics card varies with model, plenty of tools to help identify
it, I tend to use "lshw" since you usually want a good ideas of what
else is in there.

 Simon