Re: [LUG] interesting security hole

On 01/12/11 11:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I notice other things like the virtual window switcher not working when
> a menu is open and I want to look at something in another window

Oh I was meaning to file a related bug, but I've forgotten how to
reproduce it.

When Iceweasel from Debian testing gets a file with a MIME type it
doesn't know how to handle it opens a dialog to prompt you to "open or
save".

This dialog doesn't generate a corresponding entry in the list presented
by "alt-tab" in GNOME, but you can make focus return to Iceweasel
itself, and then it is hard to get focus back to the dialog (unless you
have a mouse).

I eventually discovered that moving Iceweasel to another workspace
(using Alt - Space and menu option, and then "ctrl+alt+arrow key" to
switch to that workspace gets the focus back on the dialog.

Okay keyboard-only GNOME users are probably a minority, but I suspect
some fundamental goof in the kind of dialog or option passed when
creating it.

The bit I forgot was how to get focus onto Firefox from the dialog.