Re: [LUG] Linux Security Mentoring

On 29/11/11 15:08, Gordon Henderson wrote:
The whole thing is a bit of a headache. A client is using Security Metrics (because they seem to have nobbled the bank to insist that they're "the one" to use), and they failled a site claiming it was running a vulnerable web server that only runs under Windows when it was apache under Linux. It failed on a few dozen other issues that it had previously passed on - all false positives claiming it was running various applications which it patently wasn't. Security Metrics just didn't seem to care.
I've had similar false/positives from Security Metrics but they seemed quite receptive to me providing screenshots & logs to prove we were right and their tests were b*****ks.

We pass their tests regularly now and I've done nothing to the security to facilitate it!

PCI seems like a good idea but a massive fail on implementation.

Martin