Re: [LUG] firefox popups

On 17/11/11 08:16, Simon Waters wrote:
On 17/11/11 07:43, tom wrote:
I seem to be getting popups from firefox despite it being configured to
prevent them.
Anyone got a clue as to their origin and how to defeat them?
Probably not "real" popups. If they are you might have excepted some sites.

More probably either flash, or some sort of mock pop-up.

I'd suggest Adblock Pro plugin, or you could try:

http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/firefox-popups.html

I don't like Ad blocking in general, as it breaks some sites, and
prevents some advertising supported services making money, on the other
hand if some advertisers are going to be too annoying...

I've already got eh above set and they're still getting through...
As for advertising most places get in on-click so they're not getting anything anyway - just loosing me from their site!
Tom te tom te tom