Re: [LUG] USB hard drives

 On 09/11/2011 09:27, George Parker wrote:
Just to finish off the thread, I was trying to run the caddy off 2 USB ports on the front of the computer when it failed to respond. It then worked on another computer. Going back to the first computer, the drive works fine when plugged into 2 usb ports on the rear of the computer. If at first you don't succeed.........

George

Sounds like the front two aren't powered. I have a situation like that, so I bought one of these http://amzn.to/sb0A7K - or similar - so I have four powered USBs on the front, two unpowered, plus a few on the back. I don't generally need that many but certainly the four powered are a useful addition :)

Julian