Re: [LUG] Help for Newbie

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Peter Lloyd-Jones
<peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just received this request from a Fellow Model Railroad Enthusiast
> (in the US).
>
> "Hello Peter
> I now have Ubuntu on an older PC. No online capability yet.
> Is there a good source online to give me a tutorial and a searchable
> database for help? Something real simple for a very ignorant novice?
> I looked at the Ubuntu site and got confused real quickly. It seems too
> technical for me.

I would have previously pointed at the Ubuntu Desktop Training
documentation (which was actually pretty good), but the project seems
to have ground to a halt in late 2009. :(  Do we know which version of
Ubuntu he's installed?

> FYI The other PC, a Dell, is online and I can pull up anything to read while
> working on the other PC/Ubuntu/offline.
> My goal at this point is just to get familiar with Ubuntu. Heck, I can't
> even sign off yet.
> Morgan "

Do we know which Dell he has installed it on?

Grant.