Re: [LUG] Happy 20th Birthday Vim

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Roland Tarver wrote:
> Not that I use it much, but...
>
> http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2011/11/two-decades-of-productivity-vims-20th-anniversary.ars

Hurray :)

I had never seen the point of vim until I had a laptop with a
corrupted hard drive which meant that my editors of choice (kate,
nedit; jove for quickies) stopped working, so I had to learn vim. I've
hardly ever used anything else since, even though I probably know
about 5% of its commands.

It's nice how more and more websites/programs use hjkl for navigation.

Martijn.