Re: [LUG] Penzance School spends £300,000 on an iPad for every pupil

On Nov 04, 2011, Anthony Williams wrote:

> Secondly, if they are going to do all their work on the iPad, then how
> are they going to stop the pupils spending all day on facebook?

There is a book, "Alone Together", by Sherry Turkle that describes
how technology affects children. They do what you are afraid of and
it is worse; she has observed how the use of text, facebook, etc
replaces learning to relate to each other and they get isolated and
depressed. It is worse in the US but I see we are not far behind.

Tony