Re: [LUG] Keyboards

Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Gordon Henderson wrote:
The down-side is that not everyone can display them.

E = MC²

Ek = ½mv²

and so on. These might not “look right” to some people though.

Isn't this usually a problem with your settings? I rarely see this
these days - and when I do, it tends to be because I'm playing with
something and forget to set the character set used in the document.

Ah well. Come back 7-bit ASCII, all is forgiven! (apart from £ and € which
we sort of need now)

Yes and kick those using other alphabets, or lots of accents (which
means just about any language but English and, possibly, Italian) off
the net. ;)

Martijn.

But Italian does use an accent in words like pietà. Not as many as French of course. (I used the compose key that I have set up on my distro, Mint 10 KDE, to get the accent on that last letter.)

Neil