Re: [LUG] Message about a virus

Another probably naive question but is there a virus scan for Linux. Or is this automatically done. In windows I used AVG as I had found it to be the best for windows.
Is it also still true for Linux NOT to open the the 'message pane' in ones e-mail client (Thunderbird) to guard against virus's (virii?)
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)