Re: [LUG] google search

On 28/10/11 14:41, Edwin Rhodes wrote:
Hi does anyone know how to add a website to google search so people
could type in for example computer repair totes and your website comes up?
Thanks
Ed

I used Webmaster tools as suggested, made a sitemap.xml file and in a couple of days one new site was top with obvious search terms. Another comes up top or near, again for various obvious search terms (all in headers, text and meta tags on the various pages) - to me, the power of the searches is quite amazing - magic! Another site is rather more difficult as there is a lot of competition and I need help to get it noticed as I am a novice at adwords - plumber Swindon anyone? (All 3 below!)

Yahoo and bing have their own methods of verification. Interestingly, Yahoo had my personal site long before being told - even with very few inbound links.

James

--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk