Re: [LUG] OT Laptop hard disk

On 27/10/11 13:03, George Parker wrote:
Thank you chaps. There is a BIOS update but this is a microsoft EXE file, of course. Has anyone tried updating a bios using a virtual OS, in my case winXP in VirtualBox?

George
http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Grab a suitable bootdisk ISO, open it, poke your bios EXE into it and burn it.

Does the bios update page indicate whether it's DOS or Windows based?

I've updated my Buffalo NAS via VM in the past but the update tool did it via ethernet which is different to how your IBM updater will work. I'd avoid using a VM...

Martin