Re: [LUG] skype on 64 bit Ubu

On 24/10/11 10:11, Dan Dart wrote:
This isn't a problem with your camera - just with the skype build you have.
I'll find out what I needed to load but you just need to set an
environment variable so that it preloads the lib32 v4l-compat.so
library (through LD_PRELOAD var). It then worked for me.
Something like:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/v4l-compat.so skype

but not quite.

Hope that helps,
Cheers
Dan

I tried the above but I missed a critical thing - you have to have 'start video automatically when I am in a call' clicked before starting the test or it doesn’t work. Quality software!
You do want to send any messages to null as it seems to error a lot!

Anyone tried Google videocalling - if the folks in portugal are going to use it I'd rathe something less proprietary than skype
Tom te tom te tom