[LUG] BCS Events -Free

Hi All

I don't know if anyone on list is a member of the British Computer Society (BCS) but they hold a number of free events over the year the next one is detailed below. Entrance is free but registration would be a good idea to enable the organisers to arrange catering etc.

details are:

Our next event of the 2011/2012 season takes place at Plymouth University on Tuesday 1st November at 19:30 with a presentation from Alan Cottom (Stonesoft). This event is jointly organised with the Institute of Information Security Professionals<https://www.instisp.org>.

Advanced Evasions Techniques (AETs)

The NEW threat Evasion techniques are a means to disguise and/or modify cyber attacks to avoid detection and blocking by information security systems. Evasions enable advanced and hostile cyber criminals to deliver any malicious content, exploit or attack to a vulnerable system without detection that would normally be detected and stopped. Advanced Evasions take this threat to an entirely new level. Booking: In order to ensure suitable venue size and catering, we ask all attendees to book for each branch event via the website (http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk<http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk/>).

BCS South West events are open to everyone, eligible for CPD and (unless otherwise indicated) free of charge. The pre-booking system is only used to allow rooms and catering to be arranged. Please note that most presentations will now be video-recorded and we aim to make videos available via our website shortly after each event.

Anyone interested? Why not pop along have a brew and maybe a natter afterwards

Cheers

Dave