Re: [LUG] Broadband - recent changes Exeter

On 21/10/2011 19:01, Simon Waters wrote:
Noted that:

Exeter has FTTC in some areas.

Sowton offers C&W LLU. Sowton previously wasn't upgraded despite the
huge number of business customers because the uptake wasn't huge - I
presume that someone else has cables (Virgin?) around the industrial
estate - so Sowton customers with BT are still on 8Mbps maximum. After
some searching, and reading about corporate takeovers and failed deals,
it seems basically this means Demon Internet and a few other reseller
will sell you ADSL 2+ for the exchange.

Woodbury has CN21 RFS set for the end of November, alis the though I'm still
trying to pin down exactly what that means (I'm presuming it means there
is probably some way to get ADSL 2+ here, but it isn't clear what it is).

Perhaps time for some other folks to check if the offering in their area
has improved?

There is fibre being put in here - Launceston ( WWLAUN) I think Q2-2012 is the target date Q2 -Q3 2012 (RFS date set : 01/03/2012) for FTTC) so we have a while to wait.

Dave