Re: [LUG] OT - Dual 1366 Server Mobo

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Dave Foxcroft wrote:

On 21/10/2011 17:38, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I had a quick look earlier - plenty of single processor boards, but no dual sockets. (Aria, Novatech). I've used Asus mobox for a good number of years myself. They're usually my first choice...

Good luck!

Gordon

yeah there are loads of single socket boards but this has to be a dual one - it also has to be CEB rather than ATX which kinda narrows down the field from which to choose from (and kicks up the cost!)

I may have found a suitable mobo but it's down how long it takes to get here - the weekend doesn't help! - I may end up driving up to get it - at least I know it will get here ;-)

I'd forgotten why it is sometimes it is easier to buy 'off the peg' from the likes of Messrs Dell, HP et al and get tied in to proprietary caddies, HDD's and suffer the cost implications than put up with all the grief of having to spec all the kit and trawl around to get the best deals.

I think they're getting better though. I was looking at some HP kit recently and thinking it's OK in terms of flexability...

I think I'm gonna have to start charging a premium for clients who want something particular (or get someone else to do it!!)

Definately :)

Anyway Friday evening is here - so is the weekend so sod it, I'm off for a beer

Cider O'clock here..

Gordon