Re: [LUG] Oh Woe is me - Laptop recommendations time please

On 19/10/11 09:23, Kai Hendry wrote:
Thinkpad X220 is going for 800GBP on the UK Lenovo site. Excellent machine.

alas well out of my price range - and only 1/2 the power of my 1/4 price desktop. Does anyone have a few 10's of millions to develop a laptop co-processor plugin? If raspberrypi can be done for £25 then for a couple of hundred it should be possible to stick a 4*( 2Ghz core + 1gbB) into a laptop for linux users.
Tom te tom te tom