Re: [LUG] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 09:27 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 15/10/11 08:33, tom wrote:
> >
> > I may have loaded some other sound module thats killed it so I may
> > have to load the live cd and get a pakcage list and compare later...
>
> I had to remove my .asoundrc file on a Debian upgrade.
>
> Since the liveCD works might be worth checking you didn't have to do any
> manual configuration previously and if so move it out of the way.
>
> Sounds and wireless are usually just down to drivers, so lsmod as well
> as packages, and compare dmesg output.
>
>  Simon

I find with a new install the sound is muted
in fedora I install the alsa gui and pluse gui and set for the correct
output / input but you can run alsamixer but I find it confusing to use

If you have a choice of Digital output but analogue speakers then you
also get no sound

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)