Re: [LUG] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

On 14/10/11 18:33, tom wrote:
I've had a couple of problems with sound so I tried a ubuntu 11.04 from
a cd live. Sound worked, wireless networking worked.
Upgraded my current installation and neither sound nor wireless
function. Only joy is 'your hardware is not capable of running unity'.
Any clues on sound and wireless anyone?
Tom te tom te tom

Erm... off the top of my head, does it have an NVidia chipset by any chance?

I found that my Nettop (eMachines ER1401) doesn't get sound unless I install the NVidia video drivers (looks like it's something to do with HDMI audio, even if you're using optical out).

Rob