Re: [LUG] frame grabber

On 05/10/11 10:02, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On 05/10/11 07:44:58, tom wrote:
I was just playing with stopmotion and was wondering if anyone knows of a framegrabber that can use a cheap camera as a feed (so I can control the camera from the computer). Or do I need a 'webcam'?

Got a IEEE 1394 port? then a cheap camcorder might be an option.
I picked up a Sony handycam for 5.99 of ebay works a treat. I was going to broadcast the Lafrowda Festival on justin.tv but I could get a internet connection to the post I needed!
I use mint since it just seems to work.

The idea was (if possible) to use the cameras we have already. Gphoto2 looks good but doesnt support the cameras we have but I'd recommend having a look if you do have a supported camera.
Tom te tom te tom