[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
Re: [LUG] Was Broadband Poblems
- To: DCLUG ML <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [LUG] Was Broadband Poblems
- From: Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:32:54 +0100
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Face: 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
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:09:36 +0100
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> where the line is faulty (if at all) - it can be wrong by a few % and
> thats many metres on long lines. They will ALWAYS blame you as
That was the issue here. The box on the pole is only about 4ft (as the
crow flies) from our house, about another 150ft to the master socket.
With our property being over 1 mile of cable away from the exchange.
The difference between the pole & master socket is less than 3% of the
overall distance. If the error margin on BT's equipment is greater than
Â3% it's no wonder the fault was never located until an engineer came
Technology is a wonderful thing, but it's not the be all and end all.
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"
You said you ain't had none for weeks, but baby I seen your arms
Deny - The Clash
Description: PGP signature
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG