[LUG] Was Broadband Poblems

When BT 'checks' yur line thay have a machine that tries to work out where the line is faulty (if at all) - it can be wrong by a few % and thats many metres on long lines. They will ALWAYS blame you as intermittent faults can be a bugger to find and fix - I've had crocodile clips dangling overmy dining room window for over 2- hours this year alone. One major problem is water in joints - it only takes a little bit to generate a voltage and push your equipment over. As a test I always call BT when my line is faulty - this often clears the fault. This is due to increased current during the call drying the line out. Another trick is to get your phone to ring - the 70v ringing pulse dries it out even better. I cant get a mobile signal here so I phone a friend to give me a ring but it may not cost you anything to call yourself if you can. Eventually it will degrade to the stage where even the operator can hear the noise (with nothing but a passive phone connected to the junction box) - an unless water is pouring over your junction box they will have to fix it free of charge.

Tom te tom te tom