Re: [LUG] Broadband Problems

 On 19/09/2011 20:18, Rob Beard wrote:
On 19/09/11 19:51, Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:
Hi

I think I can not have explained myself very well.  I was told by BT and
my ISP that the fault was at my end.  I went and purchased a new Modem
(Netgear N300 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router DGND3300).

However on returning home my old modem Router had miraculously started
working again!!

Either it is an intermittent fault or the fault was not "my end".  I
would not have thought that modems would have an "intermittent" fault.
Hence the question.

Thanks however for the suggestions.

Peter L-J

I'd maybe consider pressing the issue with the ISP again, the problem is, if they send BT round and they don't find a fault they'll charge you for it.

Might be worth checking the router web interface to see if it has any logs which might be able to pinpoint the problem.

I'd also suggest considering registering on the ThinkBroadband.com forums and maybe asking for advice in there too as there are plenty of knowledgeable people in there (plus they have a dedicated Plus.Net section on their forums which IIRC the Plus.Net support staff do actually read and post in).

Rob

When I was in ISP Tech I heard allegations[1] from customers that they'd called BT saying they wanted to go on Broadband with us - not BT - and were told it would take two weeks to set-up. Same customer rings back and says they want to go with BT and told 24 hours. Customer then asks to speak to a manager.

Julian

[1] Careful wording :)