Re: [LUG] Gnome "tuning"

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Dan Dart wrote:

Top monitors cpu, memory and stuff. You want iotop - tried that?

Hm. good thinking batman.

Looks like udevd might be the cause then. I'm sure it's doing good, overall, but maybe I just don't care anymore and will resort to the black-tape mechanism.

Doesn't seem to matter anyway - my wife reboots it just as often as she did her XP box when things stop working. e.g. last night skype stopped working correctly - so she rebooted her PC and it worked. Go figure.

Gordon