Re: [LUG] Linux on the Desktop - again ..

On 01/09/11 16:31, paul sutton wrote:

I agree we seem to have a long long way to go.  I am aware people are
not all in support of Ubuntu but at least as a community we can try and
fix issues,  I am using 11.04 with the classic interface,  I am more
used to that, it works how I expect, when I have time I can have a play
with unity.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Gnome is going in the next release of Ubuntu. Still there's always Xubuntu, Mint, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Debian, etc... :-) (thank god for choice, although I guess it can be a hindrance sometimes too).

I think the biggest issue is WHO is one meant to contact for support,
if I have an idea for cups under ubuntu do I contact the cups
development team or a ubuntu development team?

I'd say possibly the CUPS developers. Maybe via the bug tracker if they have a suggestions option. I guess if anyone wanted a mission critical feature then they could possibly sponsor a developer to do the work for them if they weren't developers.

Rob