Re: [LUG] OT : Recommendations for data recovery companies please

On 01/09/11 17:13, Roland Tarver wrote:
Hi Folks,

A friend has a failed hard disk that he needs the data off. He has
already spent £300 with a data recovery company (not sure which), who
are now saying that it is not possible to get his data back. I guess
they might be correct, but originally they said it was just the
read/write mechanisms (not the disks) that had failed.

I suggested that another company might have more joy? ..... Any
suggestions? or should we believe the current company and give up
trying?

Many thanks
Roly :-)

One company which I've heard good things about is Kroll Ontrack, they've been doing it for years. www.krollontrack.com