Re: [LUG] Google+

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> Googles attitute to the "real names policy" and the indescriminate
> banning and termination of accounts effecting other google services
> with no appeals process (although you now get 3 days notice) has
> annoyed me.

I presume there is an appeals process as everyone I know who tried
succeeded in keeping the account.

I assume the real name is just the relevant part of the T&C being used to
deal with multiple fake accounts. With botnet signup these days it can be
hard to identify this kind of abuse, although if they keep it properly
"social" then it shouldn't matter since hopefully people will spot the
fake using out of band behaviour. Still if you are after the gullible it
might work.

The biggy is of course how will Google+ make money. Whilst it is lovely
now I presume the revenue generating features are in the pipeline. Very
noticable recently in Facebook that various advertising is becoming more
prominent. Although I understand there are some browser plugins for
cleaning most of the junk.