Re: [LUG] Novatech nspire 2310 plus laptops

On 21/08/11 12:57, steve wrote:
On 08/20/2011 06:55 PM, Rob Beard wrote:
On 20/08/11 17:54, Tom Brough wrote:
Couldn't cope with unity so I went back to classic gnome ...

Um... I gather it's going with the next release :-)

Good to hear you've got another Windowsless laptop though.

Rob

Could always go with a different window manager like XFCE (Xubuntu) or
LXDE (Lubuntu).

Personally, I just cant achieve my usual workflow using either Gnome3
Shell or Unity and I have tried both extensively.

Currently preferring the XFCE spin of Fedora 15.

regards,

Steve

I must admit, I do personally like LXDE on Mint, it's really growing on me. Although I guess long term it needs a bit more work to be a bit more newbie friendly.

Rob